- Make a pack of appropriate size and saturate with castor oil. (Oil may be preheated or used with heating pad or hot water bottle. Do not use heat if infection or fever is present or suspected).
- Position pack over affected area and cover with a piece of plastic and heating pad if desired. A towel may be used to help protect bedding.
- Allow pack to remain for an hour or more. Avoid falling asleep with heating pad turned on, or use a hot water bottle.
- After pack is removed, cleanse skin with a solution of baking soda in water (1 teaspoonful to a pint) or our convenient Castor Clean™ or Castor Clean™ Towlettes.
- Store pack in plastic bag or other container in a cool dry place when not in use.
- Use pack daily or in a regular cycle (ex. 2 - 3 consecutive days a week) until results are obtained.
CASTOR OIL PACK HOLDER DIRECTIONS:
Place vinyl side of holder against saturated wool or cotton flannel that is positioned on desired body area. Center pack between the flaps, and secure with straps. Insert heating pad inside pouch of holder, if desired. Adjust heat setting as necessary. Hand wash with mild soap and water. Vinyl may be cleansed with solution of baking soda and water if desired.
Other Suggestions for Use of Castor Oil Packs:
Wrap an ace bandage loosely around the pack and body to hold pack in place
Use the pack to administer other packs and poultices, such as grape, mullein, vinegar and salt, Alka-Thyme, and Epsom salts.